Many of us had goals and plans for 2020 and then the year hit us all in a way we never expected. Our lives were turned upside down and we had to find new ways to interact with each other and to cope with life. For those early in their grief journey, this may have added a level of isolation to your grief process that those of us further in the journey did not have to deal with on top of the mourning process.
We hope that this year will bring calm and peace to your lives. We hope that our words and stories will assist you no matter where you are in your journey. We welcome all of your comments and count you in our blessings of our work. We are looking forward to a productive year and invite you to participate in the discussion. Please feel free to share with others who need these resources.
May you face each moment in this journey with what you need. Just breathe when you cannot do and do what you can. Celebrate what you can accomplish--even the little things count.
We wish the following for you in 2021:
- May you have peace and solitude when you need it.
- May your support be there for you when you need it.
- May you be able to set boundaries where needed.
- May you realize that this journey is not linear but will take you on twists and turns and may you have the tools to assist you through these times.
- May you be able to grab the nuggets of wisdom from those that offer their advice (both solicited and unsolicited)
- May you find ways to practice self care and learn to take care of yourself first before trying to please others. Bubble baths, reading, movies, chocolate, walks, exercise ...etc.
- May the holidays, anniversaries, traditions and special days be ones that you can cherish and may you have the strength to get through them.
- Life has changed and cannot go back to the “way it was”. May you be able to find peace in this new chapter of your life.
- May you be able to find joy again. Know that it’s okay, good and normal to feel emotions again.
- May we provide stories that are of comfort and useful to our supporters.
Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. NLT
We’d love to hear from you - what topics would you like to hear from us? Please contact us.
Peace, prosperity, love and blessings in 2021,
Jeni & Teresa