Just this week, I attended a baby shower at the church where Teresa and I presented a widow seminar called “The Empty Chair”. One of the widows who had attended the seminar happened to sit next to me and, after the shower, she introduced me to another widow from the church who had not attended the seminar. What ensued afterward was a lengthy discussion and sharing of stories of each of our respective journeys as widows. The blessings that I have derived from this work was made evident in these discussions. I am truly blessed that Teresa and I have taken on the journey of Torn In Half and that we are able to assist others in their widow journeys as well.
So, as we start a new year and the respective hard anniversaries, the widow waves and the other parts of our journey, Teresa and I would like to share some blessings and hopes for your year.
- May you have solitude when you need it.
- May your friend friends/family/support be there when you need it.
- May your “Widow waves” be manageable. (keep those tissues handy - glove box, purse….)
- May you be able to grab the nuggets of wisdom from those that offer their advice (both solicited and unsolicited)
- May you be able to ignore and trash the not so helpful or hurtful “advice and wisdom.”
- May you find ways to practice self care and learn to take care of yourself first before trying to please others. Bubble baths, reading, movies, chocolate, walks, exercise ...etc.
- May the holidays, anniversaries, traditions and special days be ones that you can cherish and may you have the strength to get through them. May you be able to hold dear to the parts of these that you want to keep and get rid of the rest.
- May you find your New Normal.
- May you be able to find joy again. (It’s OK, and good and normal to feel joy again).
- May you take this journey at your pace and not allow others to dictate your timeline.
- May the stories we tell here provide you comfort and be of use.
Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. NLT
We’d love to hear how this blog has blessed you. You are important to us. Please share your thoughts with us.
Peace, prosperity, love and blessings in 2018,
Jeni & Teresa
Jeni and Teresa would be honored to speak to your group at your event? Contact us.