- Bob would have been fifty today. Today is the day of the year that he caught up to me and we shared the same age…until my birthday when I would jump ahead again and be his “old lady” for about eight months until he caught up again.
- We probably would have had a huge blow out for my 50th because I am the social one. He never was until we adopted the children. His celebration probably would have been more subdued than mine but it still would have been filled with family and friends. There would have been a family potluck with everyone bringing something. Volleyball in the backyard and laughter all around.
- Not only will we not have a 50th birthday party for him but we will never celebrate our 50th anniversary. In fact, we didn’t even get to our 25th or our 20th. This was not the future I had envisioned.
Still….I am grateful.
- He loved me 100% for as long as he could. We built a life together that brought us closer in faith and love and created a family.
- Eleven years later, I can look back and be grateful for what we have and look at my new life. I have grown. I will never be the same. I have a new love in my life and a family to cherish. I am not rich in the financial sense but I have 11 wonderful grandchildren that call me Mamaw and they are my treasure.
- I have reached 50 and continue to move forward in my “new” life. The AD (After Death) portion of my life. I am finally happy. As you know if you read this blog, it hasn’t always been easy and it still isn’t always easy; but, it is my journey and I am beginning to enjoy it more and more.
- I wish all of you a journey where you can reach the point where you are 100% comfortable with who you are and where you are in life. I am still not entirely there…but I am moving forward to my destination.
May God bring you much blessings and peace in your journey. Jeni
P.S. If you would like to read more about Teresa’s Journey, her book Soul Love: How A Dog Taught Me To Breathe Again is available in paperback and eBook HERE. She can send you or anyone you know a signed and personalized copy.